This guide assumes that you’ve already installed Magic Action Box. If not, you can head on over to grab the Pro version, or you can also try out our Lite version. After installing Magic Action Box, you should see two new menu items in your WordPress Dashboard – Action Boxes and Magic Action Box Settings.
So, what we’re going to do is to add an opt-in box at the bottom of your blog post. If you’re wondering why the bottom of your blog post is the best place to put your opt-in box, check out this article for the reasons why.
Quick start guide to add an action box under your blog posts:
Some examples of email list service providers: MailChimp, Aweber, Constant Contact.
2. In your WordPress Dashboard, create a new action box by going to Action Boxes -> Add New.
You should see a screen like this:
There are different types of action boxes and you cannot change the type of an action box once you have chosen it’s type. For the purpose of this guide, choose Optin Form.
3. In the next screen, find the Select Mailing List Provider dropdown select box and choose Other (Copy & Paste).
4. Now paste the raw HTML form code that you copied from your email list service provider in step 1 into the Opt In Form Code text box.
5. Then click on the “Process Code” button.
6. Now, you can select a style for your action box
And add in the headings and other text you want the action box to have. You can also show an image to go along with your action box.
7. Now save your action box by hitting the Publish button.
8. Then head on over to the blog post (or page) where you want the opt in box (action box) to appear.
Go to the post’s edit screen and find the Select Action Box dropdown and select the action box that you created in steps 2-7.
You can also choose to show the opt in box before the blog post or after it.